If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, Instant Pot baby back ribs are a must! These baby back ribs are fall of the bone tender, and don’t take all day to cook, thanks to the Instant Pot! Be sure to try them with our easy homemade dark cherry BBQ sauce!
Quick Baby Back Ribs for a Weeknight Dinner
Ribs are one of those things that usually take hours to make. About four hours on my smoker, and that’s after I get the thing started. Definitely not an easy weeknight meal.
The Instant Pot will change the way you see baby back ribs, and they become quick and easy, falling off the bone.
The secret it to finish them in the broiler, or on a gas grill, and you’ll have no idea they were made in the Instant Pot.
Looking for something to serve with these great BBQ ribs?
Easy Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker
- Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Other Ingredients:
- 2½ - 3 lbs. baby back ribs
- 1 c. beef stock or water
- Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce* or BBQ sauce of choice
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs with a sharp knife, if necessary. Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do not stack them flat on top of each other).
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR) by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
- Pre-heat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions. Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce for dipping