If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, this easy one pot beef and rice has it all. It is quick and easy to make, and economical. Stew meat and rice combine in the Instant Pot with a delicious sauce that everyone will love!
A Simple Weeknight Dinner with Stew Meat and Rice
You know what I love about stew meat? Besides the fact that it is often on sale, you can do a lot more with it than just making stew.
This is a simple one pot meal packed full of asian flavors, making it cheaper and healthier than takeout!
The key ingredients in this dish are:
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos (coconut aminos are soy free and gluten free!)
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- spices like garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes
- Stew meat, beef broth, and rice!
It couldn’t be simpler. For best results, marinate your stew beef ahead of time. If you forget, don’t worry, it will still be delicious!
Instant Pots are great for meals like this, since you can sauté your beef in the same pot you cook your rice in!
Gluten Free Asian One Pot Beef and Rice
This recipe is naturally gluten free IF you use GLUTEN FREE soy sauce or coconut aminos. Be sure to read the label on your soy sauce, as it musth be explicitly marked as GLUTEN FREE.
Soy Free Asian Beef and Rice
You may be wondering what coconut aminos are. They are a great alternative to soy sauce if you have a soy allergy or alternative. While they do taste a bit different than traditional soy sauce when eaten alone, you’ll never guess this recipe is soy free!
Easy Beef and Rice in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker
- 3 T. gluten-free soy sauce or coconut amino
- ¼ c. sesame oil divided
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. lime juice
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- 2 t. fresh ginger finely minced
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1½ lbs. stew beef cubed
- 1¼ c. water or beef broth
- 1 c. long-grain brown rice rinsed and drained
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 3 T. fresh parsley finely chopped
- Combine soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the beef cubes into a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal and gently turn the bag to thoroughly coat the beef. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or place in the refrigerator overnight. Turn bag occasionally for even distribution of the marinade.
- To prepare, add remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil to Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button. Adjust the heat setting to high. Once hot, transfer the beef cubes to the Instant Pot and discard the remaining marinade. Brown the beef on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the beef broth and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the container.
- Turn Instant Pot off and add brown rice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add lid and securely lock. Flip the pressure value to the “Sealing” position and press the “Manual” button. Adjust setting to high and set cook time for 22 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with your favorite sides. Enj